Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Orwellian Form 696

A while ago I was asked to join a Facebook group against form '696'...intrigued, I started reading about this and found it was basically a form the Met Police have been getting venue promotors to fill in to give exhasustive details of the performers including addresses, styles of music to be played and expected ethnicity to attend...basically racial profiling and a massive infringement on freedoms and small scale live music. Anyway I wanted to see the form my self but couldnt see it on the web site...in journo mode I contacted the Met but got no response! Luckily someone at the Guardian had a bit more clout than me and are able to follow the story...and even though the blatent racial profiling has been removed it still looks like the man is gonna try shut the kids up...go check the rest! http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/jan/21/police-form-696-garage-music

No comments: